We at the MUSIC CLINIC are constantly looking at new opportunities for you. If you are interested in studying at the MUSIC CLINIC please read the information below. If you have any questions or want to sign up
please call: 1-603-528-6672
or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual Lessons – All Instruments and Voice (Each lesson is 30 minutes long and meets weekly. Hour lessons are available by special request. Lessons are ongoing and designed to meet the student’s individual needs in performance, technique, and theory.)
**We are also now set up to provide live lessons via SKYPE.
If you have Skype, which is a free program, on your computer or laptop, and you have a good quality webcam, you can take lessons from Karen Simpson, Mark Hamer, or Mary Divers at the Music Clinic. This is a particularly good option if you live far away from the Music Clinic. Again each lesson is 30 minutes long and is scheduled weekly.
2-Hour Master Classes in advanced techniques (Guitar, Brass, Woodwinds, Percussion, Keyboard, Improvisation, Sight-reading, Singing) – Tuition will vary depending on the number of enrollees – please call or email if you are interested in a particular workshop. We will be happy to design one with you in mind.
What Do We Teach?
We teach music on all types of instruments and much more!
- Bagpipe Chanter
- Baritone Horn
- Bass Guitar
- Bass Viol or Double Bass
- Drums – Rock, Jazz, Classical, African, Latin
- Dulcimer (Hammered and Mountain)
- French Horn
- Guitar (Electric & Acoustic) – Rock, Blues, Jazz, Folk, Classical & more
- Harmonica – Straight, Chromatic, & Blues
- Medieval Pipe
- Percussion – Drum Set, Bells & Orchestral Rhythm Instruments
- Singing (see Voice)
- Theory – Composition, Arranging, Conducting
- Voice – Speech-Level Technique, Performance, Sight-Reading, Solfege
- Xylophone (Marimba & Vibes)
If you do not have your own instrument, rentals are available on site at the Music Clinic:
Flutes, Clarinets, Alto Saxophones, Trumpets, Trombones, Guitars, and Violins. Other instruments are available by request.
The initial rental period may be either 4 months or 9 months, then monthly thereafter. Rates do vary by instrument.
We offer on-going instruction year-round for 47 out of 52 weeks. Tuition is charged by the month and is the same amount every month regardless of how many weeks are in that month.
During the year there are five (5) scheduled vacations when the Music Clinic is closed:
1. April School Vacation Week (for NH)
2. The Week that includes the 4th of July
3. The Week before Labor Day
4. Thanksgiving Week, and
5. Christmas Week (including December 24 through January 1)
There are no lessons scheduled for these vacations, and lessons are not made up since they are not included in the overall tuition for the year.
We are also closed on the following Federal Monday Holidays **:
1. President’s Day (February)
2. Memorial Day (May)
3. Labor Day (September), and
4. Columbus Day (October)
**Lessons may be made up for these 4 holidays.
There is a one-time Registration Fee of $30 due at sign-up.
Tuition is billed by the month at the rate of $75 per student per calendar month.
Payment is always due on or before the first day of each month.
Payment Options – There are a number of different payment options, and we are committed to help you find the one that will fit your budget and style of paying bills.
- Payments made in person, by mail, or by phone using Cash, Check, Debit Card, or Credit Card
- The due date for payments is the 1st day of each month.
- There is a $9 fee for late payments received after the 1st of the month unless there is a prior agreement amending the due date.
- Payments made by Check Drafts or Credit Cards on file.
- These payments are withdrawn electronically from your account on the 1st of the month or the last business day before the 1st.
- You won’t have to worry about writing checks, mailing payments, or risking late fees for payments received after the due date.
- If you already use electronic banking through your own bank set up an automatic payment to the Music Clinic designed to arrive by the 1st of each month.
- If mailing a payment please make sure to mail it to :
12 Webster Street, Laconia, NH 03246
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO GIVE THAT SPECIAL PERSON? We have Gift Certificates available. Prices are as follows:
A Single Half-Hour Lesson is $20
A block of 4 half-hour lessons $75
A block of 8 half-hour lessons $150
A block of 12 half-hour lessons $225
A block of 16 half-hour lessons $300
Once the Gift Certificate has been received the recipient can call or email and set up his or her own lesson schedule.
Acting & Foreign Languages (french & spanish)
Taught by veteran actress and retired french teacher, Laurie McDaniel, acting and foreign language classes are available by request.
MUSIC CLINIC THEATRE COMPANY
”Jacques Brel Is Alive And Well And Living In Paris” (summer 2010), and “I Do! I Do!” (summer 2011). Both shows were well attended and received rave reviews.
We also have produced 2 annual shows in the fall seasons of 2010 and 2011, each entitled “Autumn Leaves 2010″ and “Autumn Leaves 2011″ respectively. Each show was a musical review starring several local professional and amateur performers. This fall we will be putting on our 3rd show – “Autumn Leaves 2012“. Our planned dates are Oct 19th, 20th, and 21st. Stay tuned for more updates.
Last Christmas we produced “A Jazzy Little Christmas” with cabaret-style seating and light refreshments. The music consisted of traditional and unique Christmas music performed in jazzy arrangements. The shows were very well-attended. The audience was enthusiastic and we received rave reviews.
Student Recitals – featuring Music Clinic students past and present - Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Dates and times will be posted here.
Pictures from many of our events are posted on our Facebook page.
The Music Clinic is pleased to provide a home and practice space for the:
New Horizons Musical Organization of the Lakes Region
This concert band and the off-shoot jazz band (known as “The Lake Tones” are designed for adults aged 30+ who have always wanted to play an instrument in a band but never had the time or opportunity to do so. Players are also welcome who may have played at some time in their past.
The band was formed in January 2007 and has played in numerous area concerts and parades including Laconia, Belmont, Franklin, Meredith, Center Harbor, Moultonborough, Ashland, Bristol, and Alexandria.
Rehearsals are held Tuesday evenings and Saturday afternoons at the Music Clinic, 197 Daniel Webster Highway (Rt 3, across from the China Garden Restaurant), in Belmont, NH.
You can find out more information about NHMOLR and upcoming concerts on Facebook:
or on the web: http://www.newhorizons-lakesregion.org/
For more information about the International Organization of New Horizons go to: http://newhorizonsmusic.org/
For information specifically about the Lakes Region chapter please contact:
Director, Mary Divers